The Makita 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Hybrid 4-Function Impact-Hammer-Driver-Drill provides 4 functions in 1 tool (model XPT02Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). The versatile XPT02Z is a 4-in-1 cordless solution that can drive lag bolts, drive screws with clutch settings, drill into concrete and drill into wood, metal and plastic and more. The XPT02Z has an efficient brushless motor engineered for longer run time, increased power and speed and longer tool life. In impact driver mode, users get 3 speed settings and up to 1,330 in./lbs. of Max Torque. The XPT02Z offers both driver-drill and hammer driver-drill mode with 2 speed settings and up to 2,700 RPM. The screwdriver mode feature variable 2-speed operation (0-300 and 0-1,100 RPM) with 9 torque settings in both speed ranges. In addition, Tightening Mode (T-Mode) is a precision setting that downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving the screw into place and is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
- Hybrid 4-function tool with impact, hammer, driver and drill all in 1
- Efficient BL brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- BL brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Electronically-controlled BL brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Hammer driver-drill mode features variable 2-speed operation (0 RPM to 700 RPM and 0 RPM to 2,700 RPM) (0 RPM to 8,400 RPM and 0 RPM to 32,400 BPM)
- Driver-drill mode features variable 2-speed operation (0 RPM to 700 RPM and 0 RPM to 2,700 RPM) for a wide range of drilling, driving and fastening applications
- Impact driver mode features 3-speed operation (0-1,300/0-2,200/0-2,700 RPM and 0-1,200/0-2,400/0-3,200 IPM); delivers 1,330 in./lbs. of maximum torque
- Screwdriver mode features variable 2-speed operation (0 RPM to 300 RPM and 0 RPM to 1,100 RPM) with 9 torque settings in both speed ranges plus tightening mode
- Tightening mode (T-mode) for faster tightening of self-drilling screws; helps prevent damage to the screw or work piece (0 RPM to 600 RPM and 0 RPM to 2,300 RPM)
- Convenient 1/4 in. hex chuck for quick bit changes
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 6-3/4 in. L
- Weighs only 3.9 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Built-in LED light with afterglow illuminates the work area
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Equipped with Star Protection computer controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18-Volt lithium-ion batteries with a star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Omari Parisian (verified owner) –
Best Drill I Have Ever Bought and I Have Many
Wyman Russel (verified owner) –
This is a versatile LXT brushless tool with legendary Makita quality, made in Japan. It combines a hammer drill / driver-drill / impact driver into one somewhat compact package, although it could be slightly smaller and lighter. Nonetheless, highly recommended.
Elisabeth Bayer (verified owner) –
This is the second exact impact I’ve purchased. The first one was $269 and this one 2+ yrs later was $219 so i was happy to save a little. I abused the first one 5 or 6 days a week and dropped it numerous times with no problems. Finally a 15 ft fall off a ladder broke the chuck but the motor still works! So im holding onto it for parts. If your gonna buy an impact get makita and spend the extra and get this one. It also has hammer drill so i dont have to carry a separate drill on my belt. Best impact I’ve owned!
Noelia Wolff (verified owner) –
Great build quality. Made in Japan!