OptiCore LED Christmas light bulbs are the state of the art for durability, beauty, brilliance and color. The lens is made of polycarbonate, up to 200 times stronger than glass, which makes OptiCore bulbs virtually unbreakable. The lens is also 115% thicker than ordinary bulbs, allowing the light to infuse the lens with rich, vibrant color. Inside, the SMD LED diode produces brilliant light that saturates the lens evenly for a uniform appearance from every angle. And OptiCore bulbs will last for years; they boast an average bulb life of 60,000-hours. With OptiCores durability, energy efficiency and beauty, these may be the last replacement bulbs you ever need.
- Box of 25 C9 purple faceted OptiCore LED light bulbs, E17 base; fits any standard C9/E17 stringer socket
- Faceted diamond-cut lens pattern generates a beautiful light halo
- Polycarbonate lenses are virtually unbreakable, up to 200 times stronger than glass
- Dimmable: the SMD LED diode in OptiCore bulbs is dimmable yet produces brilliant light that saturates the lens evenly for outstanding color
- Nickel plated base resists corrosion for longer life
- Average bulb life: 60,000-hours
- Only 0.84-Watt per bulb
- LED bulbs are energy efficient and always remain cool to the touch
- Steady light display (not twinkle)
- Rated for indoor or outdoor use
- Perfect for Halloween lights and Christmas lights
Eugene Halvorson (verified owner) –
These are much brighter than the standard-fare (ie, cheap) LED lights that most stores sell during the holidays.Not wanting to go too crazy (these are pretty expensive bulbs), we removed all the old incandescent bulbs from a couple 25′ C9 strings and replaced them with these. Amazingly, the difference in brightness wasn’t much. Even better, if I did my math correctly (incandescent bulbs = 7 watts; 7 x 25 in a string = 175 watts – versus – these bulbs = 0.84 watts, making the 25 foot strand a total of 21 watts), I could have 8 strands of these bright LED bulbs for less energy than a single strand of incandescent bulbs. (200 bulbs vs. 25 bulbs)That said, I wouldn’t necessarily buy these based exclusively on the energy savings. It’s likely they take more energy to manufacture, but most people don’t use very many strands of lights – and don’t use them very often. Given the price premium on these LED bulbs, it’s going to take a LONG time to recoup funds based on energy savings. Then again, these are supposed to last 60K hours – and I can attest to them being very strong – where glass bulbs pop and shatter, these guys don’t show any wear when dropped or slammed together.All in all, great lights but the overall value is a little iffy.
Mac Walsh (verified owner) –
Jordy Parker (verified owner) –
Nice and bright & they stay cool to the touch.
Ursula Friesen (verified owner) –
Yes , LED lighting is the way to go. So much brighter and love the faceted design used for reflecting affect ! Thankyou very much .
Percival Funk (verified owner) –
Julio Nader (verified owner) –
Matches old school lighting but more durable and uses a fraction of the electricity.