With a high-quality, user-friendly design, the Toro 22 in. Recycler Personal Pace Mower with SmartStow is the perfect product for your outdoor job. Powered by a durable Briggs and Stratton engine, it is designed for years of peak performance. It also conveniently stores upright to save space in your garage.
- Save storage space; the battle to free up space in your garage is always fierce, and odds are your lawn mower ends up wherever you can jam it, whether it fits or not; now you can fold, lock and store your Toro practically anywhere in your garage or shed with SmartStow; it’s proven to reduce the storage footprint by up to 70%, and provides easy access to clean under the deck and service the blade
- Pick your pace; the days of struggling to keep up with your one-speed-fits-all mower are long gone; adjust your speed at will and enjoy better maneuverability in tight spaces with Toro’s exclusive personal pace self-propel system
- Traction in tough terrain. don’t let rough and uneven terrain slow you down. you’ll have great traction regardless of the job with lightweight and maneuverable 11 in. rear wheels
- Hassle-free maintenance. mowing is enough of a chore on its own, and maintaining your mower is just another time-drainer; with a Toro, there’s no oil change – ever. Just check the oil level and add when needed
- We’ve got you covered; enjoy peace of mind knowing Toro stands behind its mowers with a 3-year guaranteed-to-start engine warranty and 2-year full warranty count on it
- Always reliable; you’ll always be ready to mow with a 3-year guaranteed-to-start engine warranty
- Durable deck; enjoy years of reliable use from your deck thanks to its steel frame, and you’ll love the superior cutting and mulching capabilities its compact size provides; you’ll have no problems cutting in tight spaces
- Valuable versatility; whether it’s reducing clumps and adding nutrients with the mulching option, a perfectly manicured look with bagging, or powering through tall, thick grass with the side discharge, you’ll enjoy exceptional versatility regardless of your mowing preference
- Quick switch; changing from bagging to mulching has never been easier with the quick-connect bagging system
- Feed your lawn; get a healthy-looking lawn by returning nutrient-rich clippings to the soil with the recycler cutting technology and strong steel 22 in. cutting deck
- Small package, big punch; you’ll enjoy great power and easy starting with a Briggs and Stratton 7.25 ft. lb. gross torque 163cc OHV EXi engine with ready start; no more need to prime or choke the engine
- Squeaky clean; easily clean the underside of the deck and maintain optimum airflow for high performance with the washout port; just attach a hose to the mower deck and go
- Choose your cut; manicure lawn to your specifications with 9 cutting positions with 1-4 in. cutting height range; you can also easily adjust to 2 different handle heights without the use of tools with a single-piece handle
- Use Toro fuel stabilizer to maintain your engine and increase the longevity of your mower
- Based on average TraQline dollar share for walk behind mower market from 2015 – 2018
- Gross torque of this engine was laboratory rated at 2600 RPM per SAE J1940 by the engine manufacturer, as configured to meet safety, emission and operating requirements; the actual engine torque on this class of mower will be significantly lower
- Space savings are in relation to the space consumed by a Toro 22 in. walk power mower that is stored with the handle in the standard operating position
- Note: actual product offers may vary; see retailer for complete warranty details; California residents see prop 65 warnings
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Keegan Predovic (verified owner) –
I love the way my lawn looks after it’s been mowed… Beautiful job!
Luis Lebsack (verified owner) –
Great lawnmower! Much easier to use than my last Toro lawnmower with the larger rear wheels!
Tremaine Luettgen (verified owner) –
This was a very good mower and easy to use. Unfortunately I ran over something in the yard and tore up the engine. With labor it would be almost as much to repair as a new mower and I am not a mechanic. Unfortunately, it has been out of stock for several months. I called Toro and the model has not been discontinued. When will Home Depot have them available again?
Berneice Stokes (verified owner) –
I purchased this lawnmower 4 years ago and has never let me down to cut my grass every year since then. The Briggs & Stratton engine is by far one of my favourite small engines and with proper routine maintenance it will go on forever and is bulletproof! Everything is still working great to this day and I really like the personal pace feature and the washout port to clean the underside! Great product and highly recommend!
Lora Dooley (verified owner) –
Great mower! Easy to use, packs a punch and requires minimal maintenance.
Marianne Feeney (verified owner) –
My husband is so happy, and acting like he just got the best toy of his life.I love it too, I work with it and is so easy to handle.thanks for that.
Karen Grady (verified owner) –
Had it for about a month, not a fan of how the personal pace though. I would prefer a finger lever then the push down method.
Katelin Greenholt (verified owner) –
While looking for i lawnmower, I reviewed Lots of reviews, Toro was the Only company that exactly answered questions with a REAL PERSON. I WAS SOLD!! More $ but worth it.
Brant Dach (verified owner) –
I have a lot of rough ground and pushing a mower is difficult. The large rear drive wheels on the Toro make the job pretty easy. Easy switching between using the bag and using the side discharge is very helpful. The Briggs engine is so easy to start I am impressed. It is also very powerful easily pushing through some very difficult cutting conditions. The vertical storage mode is so efficient. What a clever design.
Hazel Price (verified owner) –
excllent mower…soooo easy to start…the wheel drive is great….
Gay Volkman (verified owner) –
We bought our mower last month and absolutely love it! We are considering buying a second one in a few months
Cecile Orn (verified owner) –
Love it. Cuts great, easy to start, easy to stow. Very happy we went with this mower.
Orrin Kerluke (verified owner) –
So far, a great piece of machinery. I just got this a month or so ago amd have only used it twice. It’s light, powerful, and the rear drive makes it so much easier on the hill in our backyard. I had a Craftsman front wheel drive for years and that hill would do me in, at the end of my mow. But with the Toro, its so much easier. The biggest plus is the SmartStow feature. The room it saves in my small garage is amazing. Looking forward to thw Spring and Summer months when the lawn grows faster and thicker then the Fall. But so far, so great with this mower.
Magdalena Watsica (verified owner) –
Added gas & oil – started up on the first pull. I’ve used it a hand full of times so far awesome machine.
Romaine Bauch (verified owner) –
The mower works good on flat ground, but on bumpy surfaces and inclines, it hesitates and sounds like it’s going to stall.
Elta Morar (verified owner) –
This lawnmower cuts even, easy to adjust wheels and takes up little space in our garage.
Jaquelin Wiegand (verified owner) –
Actually a 4.5. Only issue is keeping the pace of the mower a little slower. It tends to go faster as you move along.
Florencio Predovic (verified owner) –
So far I am very pleased with this mower. Starts very well. The mulching function makes confetti out of the grass blades. I love the personal pace. I keep the mower in a 7 X 7 storeage building so the Smartstow has freed up a lot of space. The only issue that I have is that it is slighty difficult to pull backwards which is only an issue in a tight space. Overall I could not be more pleased.
Willow Feeney (verified owner) –
Strong engine pulls up a slope. Great mower mulches. And easy to clean. I like adjustable handle
Robert Maggio (verified owner) –
It works just like advertised and wow – what a space saver in the garage.