The PWBS-14CS Band saw has an X-large, 2-piece cast iron table. It consists of a 15 in. x 15 in. tilting section and a fixed 15 in. x 5 in. extension for a total working surface area of 15 in. x 20 in. A balanced, 9-spoke cast iron wheel makes for smooth blade travel and a Carter quick tension release lever makes blade changing easy. A micro-adjustable dual bearing blade guide system is featured above and below the table, as well as a work lamp and chip blower. A Poly-V belt maximizes power transmission while minimizing noise and vibration. It has full 6 in. under guide capacity with 13-1/2 in. frame to blade clearance. The aluminum rip fence comes with a resaw attachment.
- CARTER quick tension lever speeds blade changes and the de-tension setting extends blade life during non-use
- X-large, 2-piece cast iron table consists of a 15 in. x 15 in. tilting section and a fixed 15 in. x 5 in. extension for a total working surface area of 15 in. x 20 in.
- Chip blower ensures a clean, visible cut line
- Durable micro-adjustable dual bearing blade guide system above and below the table for close blade control with less friction
- Exclusive design, quick-release precision T-square style rip fence with 4 in. resaw attachment
- Precision balanced, 9-spoke cast iron wheels reduce vibration
- Easy to read tensioning gauge settings indicated in blade width increments
- Full 6 in. resaw capacity (12 in. with riser block) with 13-1/2 in. W capacity
- 60-Watt adjustable lamp built into the body provides direct light on blade and work piece while cutting (bulb not included)
- Rigid 1-piece welded stand requires no assembly
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Elmo Zieme (verified owner) –
This is my first Powermatic machine. I’ve had this bandsaw a little over a month and I am happy with it. It’s well built for the price range with a lot of iron. It’s heavy, solid, and quiet. I was looking for a bandsaw that came with a light, a rip fence, and a miter gauge. This saw met all 3 of those requirements. The rip fence and miter gauge are decent for a bandsaw. The light is good and doesn’t put off heat if you install an LED bulb. I was also hoping for a large resaw capacity though that would not have been a deal breaker. This saw has that too. It comes with a riser block kit that increases the resaw capacity to 12 inches. The riser block increases the blade size from 93 1/2 inches to 105 inches. The 105 inch blade is also included. Although like most included blades, it’s ok but there are better blades out there. Assembly wasn’t too difficult. I’ve put together more difficult items and easier. Definitely recommend a helper for attaching the saw to the stand and installing the riser block. This is a heavy machine. All and all I am satisfied with this bandsaw and have no regrets. It’s well built, works well, and looks nice in the shop. I don’t think it could be beat for this price range. I like it well enough that I am already considering buying a Powermatic jointer too.
Lavinia Hoeger (verified owner) –
I purchased this bandsaw over 10 years ago. It is still amazing. Great to work with. Excellent quality. The only thing that frustrates me is that I cannot seem to find out how to purchase zero clearance inserts. Great bandsaw. You will love it!!
Lempi Goldner (verified owner) –
It met expectations.
Chauncey Cronin (verified owner) –
Fairly simple to assemble with some patience. But once up and running the saw works great.
Kevon Heller (verified owner) –
I Purchased this saw about five years ago. It has over 500 hours of use on it. It is very reliable, makes great cuts even to this day, and has plenty of power for everything I’ve tried to do with it. There is really no downside to this saw. If you’re looking for a 14 inch class band saw, this is the one.
Roselyn Koepp (verified owner) –
Nice quality. Setup took some time but not unexpected. Great features. Designed for the woodworker.