Evolution represents a process that is never fully complete. For a woodworker, inspirations evolve as life experiences shape our creativity. Skills evolve as we share tips and techniques with friends and mentors. And our workshops evolve as we refine our skills. At Powermatic, we’re proud to introduce the latest example of our own evolution, the PM1000 cabinet table saw. As with every product Powermatic builds, the PM1000 redefines the limits of design, innovation and durability.
- Cabinet saw that only requires 115-Volt power
- Blade surround and collection hose provide an unobstructed path, maximizing dust collection
- Conveniently located hands free power switch
- Tool-less guard assembly with independent side leaves is easy to use, maximizing safety
- Sturdy miter gauge pivots 60° to either side, allowing easy adjustment for a full range of cuts
- Exclusive Accu-Fence provides rigidity and precision
- Poly-V belt drive system reduces vibration and maximizes efficiency
- Ergonomically designed 7 hand wheels provide momentum making blade height and bevel adjustments easy
- Arbor lock allows for 1-handed blade changes with minimal tools
- Cast iron work surface features a beveled edge
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Hanna Reynolds (verified owner) –
This unit was well packaged and assembly was not complicated. Tolerances were generally very good with the table square to the blade measured at .0015. The 90 deg. and 45 deg. tilt stops were spot on with no adjustments required. The only disappointment was the Accu Fence which I was not able to adjust properly to obtain a uniform front to back table to fence clearance using the instructions in the manual. The fence would not clear the table top without excessive clearance at the front or back. It became necessary to adjust the delrin fence faces. Once that was done and the fence face squared to the table, the fence worked smoothly as expected with no binding and a uniform fence to table clearance of .015-.020 front to back. Both the riving knife and blade guard fit well with no adjustments required. The machine is mounted on a Jet Universal Stand which works well and handles,the weight just fine. Perhaps not the Powermatic of old but a quality machine and worth the price especially given the discount in December.
Jensen Jaskolski (verified owner) –
I’ve had my PM1000 for a couple years now and I’m really happy with it. It’s very accurate and smooth running. So smooth that my only “thing” is that it takes forever to stop, so an optional brake would be something I would buy in a heartbeat. In summary, considering the price point, I don’t think you can get better.
Dixie Tremblay (verified owner) –
The saw is everything Powermatic claimed. Very excited
Meghan Lindgren (verified owner) –
Easy to assemble and extremely accurate right out of the box. No freight charges when shipping to local Home Depot store.