The 12-Volt max CXT Cordless 9/16 Rotary Hammer Kit (model RH02R1, accepts SDS-PLUS bits) delivers power and speed in a compact size for work in tight spaces and overhead applications. With Makita 12-Volt max CXT Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries, users get superior balance and ergonomics over pod-style batteries. For added convenience the batteries include an on-board L.E.D. charge level indicator. The RH02R1 has a Makita-built variable speed motor that delivers 0-850 RPM, 0-4,900 BPM and 0.73. ft./lbs./1.0 Joules of impact energy for faster drilling. It has 2-mode operation for rotation only or hammering with rotation. The compact size and lower weight (only 4.3 lbs. with 12-Volt max CXT 2.0Ah battery) mean reduced fatigue for operators, especially for overhead applications. Additional features include a vibration-absorbing handle that moves independently of the motor and hammer mechanism for increased operator comfort, as well as a variable speed trigger, built-in L.E.D. lights, and 1-touch sliding chuck for easy bit changes. For longer run time, 12-Volt max CXT cordless tools are also compatible with the 12-Volt max CXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery (BL1041B, sold separately). 12-Volt max CXT Lithium-Ion batteries are engineered with a Battery Protection Circuit that protects against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating. Its part of the expanding 12-Volt max CXT series, combining performance with superior ergonomics in a compact size.
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-850 RPM, 0-4,900 BPM and 0.73 ft./lbs./1.0 joules of impact energy for faster drilling
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 9-11/16 in.
- Weighs only 4.3 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Vibration absorbing handle moves independently of the motor and hammer mechanism for increased operator comfort
- For dust management use dust extraction cup (198362-9) with side handle spacer (122810-6), side handle base (450120-4) and bolt (921919-9)
- 2-mode operation for rotation only or hammering with rotation
- Variable speed trigger enables user to match the speed to application for greater versatility
- Built-in LED light illuminates the work area
- 1-touch sliding chuck for easy bit changes
- Battery protection circuit protects against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 12-Volt max CXT lithium-ion 2.0Ah battery BL1021B, features an integrated LED battery charge level indicator
- Part of the expanding 12-Volt max CXT series, combining performance with superior ergonomics in a compact size
- Not compatible with 12-Volt max pod-style tools, batteries and chargers
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Akeem Jast (verified owner) –
Charges quickly and conveniently sized. Good product.
Kyler Braun (verified owner) –
Charger works great! Wish the packaging was better! Just the charger in a box no bubble wrap to support it in case it was damage.
Zetta Murray (verified owner) –
This is the same charger Makita includes standard in CXT combo kits. It‘s really compact and does what it’s supposed to, but their own Rapid Optimum CXT chargers (not listed on HD at time of review but hopefully will come back) can charge twice as fast in the same compact package for not a lot more money. Or there’s also Makita’s combo LXT/CXT Rapid Optimum charger which allows users to charge an additional battery platform, but that is bigger and a little more spendy. I do think this “standard” CXT charger is still a decent value when included in the package price of a kit, but I would not pay for one separately myself when Makita has much faster chargers available.
Karl Aufderhar (verified owner) –
This is a good charger and battery but of course it is too early to tell. Even a Chevrolet will last two weeks.
Demetrius Conroy (verified owner) –
It is perfect
Ryan Lemke (verified owner) –
Lightweight and compact.
Carter Schroeder (verified owner) –
Works as designed
Omer Pacocha (verified owner) –
My last 12v makita battery lasted 6 years of daily use. This one lasts a good amount of time and is lighter then the 4ah ones which keeps the drill weight down.
Christophe Okuneva (verified owner) –
Product came on time , charging batteries in about 2-hours to allow me to switch and charge very useful.
Mac Sipes (verified owner) –
These light, compact, high energy batteries are making tool powered devices more compact, lighter, and more versatile. The new CXT line of Makita tools are really nice for most applications where lighter and more compact tools allow for working in smaller spaces, with less user fatigue… nice products…
Leland Schroeder (verified owner) –
Perfect. Exactly what I needed to complete my son’s old DT03 he left me behind.
Marianne Gutkowski (verified owner) –
Works well for 12volts.
Ruthie Von (verified owner) –
Like the compact size and great quality of battery. Price was awesome!
Abraham Connelly (verified owner) –
Small and easy to charge
Gladyce Klein (verified owner) –
Meets my needs
Marlen Stroman (verified owner) –
Fannie Reinger (verified owner) –
Preformed as expected. It is slightly larger than the 1.5 batteries.
Victor O’Keefe (verified owner) –
Love these batteries!!! It has a very long charge life for it’s size. Light weight durable.
Jaqueline Parker (verified owner) –
This was a lightweight battery life is shot due to 2.0mah but weight wise works great will upgrade to 4.0mah batteryv
Rickey Windler (verified owner) –