Delivering 45% less vibration and 20% more impact energy than the previous model, Makita’s SDS-MAX AVT Rotary Hammer Drill is engineered with enhanced Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT), a synchronized 3-component system for significantly less vibration. The result is a category-leading vibration rating of 5 m/sec sq. The powerful 11 Amp motor delivers 11.4 joules (8.4 ft. lbs.) of impact energy, 20% more than the previous model for faster drilling. An added feature is the option of lock-on or trigger-activated in the “chipping only” mode, with a push button start/stop control for more convenient operation. This hammer drill is engineered for a range of concrete applications including drilling/coring through-holes for pipes, setting larger anchors, securing tilt-wall supports, small chipping applications and more. It is ideal for a range of trades including masons, concrete contractors, demolition contractors, plumbers, electricians, sprinkler installers and general contractors.
- Includes hammer drill, side handle, depth rod, side grip, grease and cloth
- Powerful 11 Amp motor delivers 8.4 ft. lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Anti-vibration technology (AVT) is a synchronized, 3-component system that more effectively reduces vibration resulting in a low 5 m/sec sq.
- Integrated damper spring at the base of the impact bolt is engineered to absorb impact vibrations from drill bit
- Lock-on or trigger activation in chipping-only mode with push button start/stop control for easy operation
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for more control and better accuracy
- LED service light notifies user approximately eight hours before brushes need to be replaced
- LED power light indicates switch failure or cord damage
- Variable-speed control dial enables user to match speed to application for greater versatility
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if bit binds
- Sequential impact timing delivers timed hammering during rotation to minimize overlapping bit impacts for up to 50% faster drilling
- Automatic brush cut-off protects commentator from damage for longer tool life
- 2-mode operation for chipping only or hammering with rotation
- 24-bit angle settings allow bit to be set at different positions for operating convenience
- 1-year warranty
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Oswaldo Russel (verified owner) –
With a 1″ chisel bit this machine absolutely melts concrete. I put the thing to work right away and it flat out gets the job done for demolition. I have not used it to drill yet, but that is the next job it will have because I have 1-3/8″ full carbide head drill bit coming because I feared facing rebar. But as a demolition tool it is absolutely invaluable. I can do in minutes what would take hours to do with a sledge hammer. Combined with a good concrete saw this machine will make short work of concrete removal. I absolutely love it. It is not cheap, but if you have a big job and will have to rent, or if you see yourself using it several times on 8 hour jobs, it is worth the purchase. Soon I will get a shovel head and that will allow me to break up hard clay too. I wish I would have had this machine when digging a pond out of hard clay 5 years ago. The ground was too hard for post hole diggers I rented, and I spent a week with a pick axe. Never again. This does it all. Very glad about this purchase
Nigel Conroy (verified owner) –
Light, silent,good anti vibrating .
Sadye Bradtke (verified owner) –
Easy to assembly and not heavy at all.
Eldon Dickens (verified owner) –
Does what made for , plan to use digging , under house , redo / replace old cast iron pipe ,
Nichole Mraz (verified owner) –
Light weight, very easy to use. Does the job with ease. Would recommend
Rylee Ruecker (verified owner) –
This unit with the 2 1/2 drill hole saw went though the poured concrete wall like butter !!! I will never have to rent one again !! Comes with case which was awesome
Janie Johns (verified owner) –
It’s a beast and l got mine on clearance for $327 out the door! Remember this model takes sds-max bits
Marianne Kulas (verified owner) –
Second one I have purchased. Excellent Tool
Eryn Hodkiewicz (verified owner) –
I love the new Rotary Hammer Drill it a great tool to use
Nicklaus Littel (verified owner) –
Gregg Shanahan (verified owner) –
Very powerful, low vibration. Chipped 4” deep concrete around a pipe. Was fast. Also this tool has a 10ft attached power cord, that was nice also.
Bernardo Effertz (verified owner) –
In the past I have always rented rotary hammers, but decided to step-up and obtain the new Makita 1-9/16” SDS-Max AVT Rotary Hammer (HR4013C). This is an extremely versatile tool. Not only is it outstanding for drilling large holes in concrete, it can also be used for small concrete demolition projects, chipping applications, removing tile, digging holes and busting rocks, driving grounding rods, and many other applications. The anti-vibration system is exceptional. More specific comments are provided below:The Makita HR4013C Rotary Hammer has an 11-amp motor and provides 8.4 ft. lbs. of impact energy, which is the highest of all available 1-9/16” Rotary Hammers. It has a variable speed selector dial with slow start, and includes an auto shutoff function if the bit binds. There are 2 modes of operation: rotary drilling with hammer, and hammer only. In hammer mode, there are 24 bit-angles for obtaining the most convenient bit position. In addition to having a trigger, it also includes a lock-on button for continuous hammering. The kit comes with a convenient plastic case with room for storing the grease tube and several bits. It also has a 16 foot power cord, which helps eliminate the need for bulky extension cords.The anti-vibration system used on the Makita HR4013C Rotary Hammer is the standout feature of this tool. I feel more vibration from an 18-volt hammer drill than I do when hammering concrete with the Makita Rotary Hammer. It achieves the low vibration level of 5m/s2 with a synchronized three-component system. The results are nothing short of phenomenal.Overall I am extremely satisfied with the new Makita 1-9/16” SDS-Max AVT Rotary Hammer. The only drawbacks are the high cost and availability of the SDS-Max bits. The bits are not stocked in most stores and need to be ordered online. It is an extremely useful tool, suitable for many applications other than drilling large holes in concrete. Highly recommended for contractors demanding the best available rotary hammer.
Kian Frami (verified owner) –
Easy to handle and great power
Albert Cole (verified owner) –
Only had it a month but i am a plumber and use it 5 days a week and so far it works great
Heather O’Hara (verified owner) –
Awesome drill!!! From the quietness to the Anti Vibration. Drilled through 9in concrete like a hot knife through a stick of butter
Princess Cremin (verified owner) –
Works perfect !
Tanya Goodwin (verified owner) –
Having the right tool is imperative in order to do the job right. Top of the line rotary hammer.