The 1-9/16 in. AVT Rotary Hammer (model HR4013C) has 45% less vibration and 20% more impact energy than the previous model. It is engineered with enhanced Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT), a synchronized 3-component system for significantly less vibration. The result of the enhanced AVT is a category-leading vibration rating of 5m/s. The powerful 11 AMP motor delivers 8.4 ft. lbs. (11.4 Joules) of impact energy, 20% more than the previous model for faster drilling. An added feature is the option of lock-on or trigger-activated in the chipping only mode, with a push button start/stop control for more convenient operation. This promotional item also comes with a Bonus 192108-A 3/4 in. x 10 ft. Vacuum Hose and a Bonus 196537-4 Dust Extraction Attachment, SDS-MAX, Drilling and Demolition, HR4013C. The Makita Vacuum Hose (3/4 in. outer diameter x 10 ft.) is ideal for use with the Makita random orbit sanders. The Makita Dust Extraction Attachment (196537-4) is engineered to reduce the dust created from concrete drilling when used with a jobsite vacuum (sold separately). The Dust Extraction Attachment fits the Makita 1-9/16 in. AVT Rotary Hammer model HR4013C. The 196537-4 includes both drilling and demolition boots for greater versatility and multiple applications. The Dust Extraction Attachment is part of Makita’s expanding line-up of dust extraction solutions, including the VC4710 Jobsite Vacuum (sold separately).
- HR4013C – powerful 11 AMP motor delivers 8.4 ft./ lbs. / 11.4 J. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- HR4013C – advanced anti-vibration technology (AVT) is a synchronized, 3-component system that more effectively reduces vibration resulting in a low 5m/s2
- HR4013C – advanced AVT includes an air actuated counterbalance that directs air pressure from the crank and barrel room into the counterbalance cylinders to move counterweight pistons in the opposite direction of the hammer mechanism to effectively reduce vibration
- HR4013C – advanced AVT includes a vibration absorbing housing with a spring loaded back handle and housing which moves independently of the motor and hammer mechanism effectively isolating more vibration away from the user
- HR4013C – advanced AVT includes an integrated damper spring at the base of the impact bolt engineered to absorb impact vibrations from the drill bit
- HR4013C – constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- HR4013C – soft start suppresses start-up reaction for more precision and better accuracy
- HR4013C – soft no-load function automatically reduces the speed of the motor when idling to help increase tool life and performance
- 192108-A 3/4 in. O.D. x 10 ft. long hose
- 192108-A – dust collection hose ideal for use with most random orbit sanders as well as other tools and adapters
- 192108-A – quality fittings and construction help keep the work surface clear from dust and debris
- 192108-A – fits most wet/dry vacuums
- 196537-4 – includes attachments for drilling and demolition applications
- 196537-4 – replaceable nozzle tips help protect boot from excessive wear
- 196537-4 – boot and depth rod extensions for use with bits up to 24 in. overall length
- 196537-4 – use with Makita 1-9/16 AVT rotary hammer model HR4013C
- 196537-4 – for use with a jobsite vacuum (sold separately)
- 196537-4 – part of Makita’s expanding line-up of dust extraction solutions, including the VC4710 xtract vac (sold separately)
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Enola Ullrich (verified owner) –
Very powerful, low vibration. Chipped 4” deep concrete around a pipe. Was fast. Also this tool has a 10ft attached power cord, that was nice also.
Bradly Herzog (verified owner) –
With a 1″ chisel bit this machine absolutely melts concrete. I put the thing to work right away and it flat out gets the job done for demolition. I have not used it to drill yet, but that is the next job it will have because I have 1-3/8″ full carbide head drill bit coming because I feared facing rebar. But as a demolition tool it is absolutely invaluable. I can do in minutes what would take hours to do with a sledge hammer. Combined with a good concrete saw this machine will make short work of concrete removal. I absolutely love it. It is not cheap, but if you have a big job and will have to rent, or if you see yourself using it several times on 8 hour jobs, it is worth the purchase. Soon I will get a shovel head and that will allow me to break up hard clay too. I wish I would have had this machine when digging a pond out of hard clay 5 years ago. The ground was too hard for post hole diggers I rented, and I spent a week with a pick axe. Never again. This does it all. Very glad about this purchase
Ruth Donnelly (verified owner) –
This unit with the 2 1/2 drill hole saw went though the poured concrete wall like butter !!! I will never have to rent one again !! Comes with case which was awesome
Herbert Greenholt (verified owner) –
Works perfect !
Sanford Mertz (verified owner) –
Ruben Harris (verified owner) –
In the past I have always rented rotary hammers, but decided to step-up and obtain the new Makita 1-9/16” SDS-Max AVT Rotary Hammer (HR4013C). This is an extremely versatile tool. Not only is it outstanding for drilling large holes in concrete, it can also be used for small concrete demolition projects, chipping applications, removing tile, digging holes and busting rocks, driving grounding rods, and many other applications. The anti-vibration system is exceptional. More specific comments are provided below:The Makita HR4013C Rotary Hammer has an 11-amp motor and provides 8.4 ft. lbs. of impact energy, which is the highest of all available 1-9/16” Rotary Hammers. It has a variable speed selector dial with slow start, and includes an auto shutoff function if the bit binds. There are 2 modes of operation: rotary drilling with hammer, and hammer only. In hammer mode, there are 24 bit-angles for obtaining the most convenient bit position. In addition to having a trigger, it also includes a lock-on button for continuous hammering. The kit comes with a convenient plastic case with room for storing the grease tube and several bits. It also has a 16 foot power cord, which helps eliminate the need for bulky extension cords.The anti-vibration system used on the Makita HR4013C Rotary Hammer is the standout feature of this tool. I feel more vibration from an 18-volt hammer drill than I do when hammering concrete with the Makita Rotary Hammer. It achieves the low vibration level of 5m/s2 with a synchronized three-component system. The results are nothing short of phenomenal.Overall I am extremely satisfied with the new Makita 1-9/16” SDS-Max AVT Rotary Hammer. The only drawbacks are the high cost and availability of the SDS-Max bits. The bits are not stocked in most stores and need to be ordered online. It is an extremely useful tool, suitable for many applications other than drilling large holes in concrete. Highly recommended for contractors demanding the best available rotary hammer.
Leann Mohr (verified owner) –
It’s a beast and l got mine on clearance for $327 out the door! Remember this model takes sds-max bits
Olin Brown (verified owner) –
Does what made for , plan to use digging , under house , redo / replace old cast iron pipe ,
Paige Terry (verified owner) –
Having the right tool is imperative in order to do the job right. Top of the line rotary hammer.
Deborah Medhurst (verified owner) –
Easy to assembly and not heavy at all.
Gino Hudson (verified owner) –
I love the new Rotary Hammer Drill it a great tool to use
Chelsea Weber (verified owner) –
Light weight, very easy to use. Does the job with ease. Would recommend
Winnifred Turner (verified owner) –
Easy to handle and great power
Alfonso Denesik (verified owner) –
Light, silent,good anti vibrating .
Moises McLaughlin (verified owner) –
Awesome drill!!! From the quietness to the Anti Vibration. Drilled through 9in concrete like a hot knife through a stick of butter
Arno Bashirian (verified owner) –
Only had it a month but i am a plumber and use it 5 days a week and so far it works great
Lizeth Kemmer (verified owner) –
Second one I have purchased. Excellent Tool