The Jacobs Chuck Manufacturing Company maintains a global presence as a recognized leader in the design manufacture of precision tool and work holding devices for stationary equipment and portable power tools. From its original patent in 1902 the keyed chuck helped to transform the production process just at the time when industrial manufacturing was about to experience its most significant growth in modern times. Today, the concept of the original keyed chuck is an integral part of all drill chuck technology. It has been applied to a wide range of applications, from the most sophisticated CNC machining to drilling with the smallest cordless portable drill. Whatever the need may be we have a chuck that will work for your application.
- Parallel jaw insert surfaces exert uniform, accurate gripping force up to 3 times greater than can be achieved with split-steel collets
- Each collet accepts and precisely centers a wide range of both decimal or metric diameters (within individual capacity ranges) to speed setups and increase machining productivity
- Durable 1-piece construction, synthetic rubber retains flexibility and resists deterioration from heat, coolants and cutting compounds
- Steel jaw inserts precision ground after molding process to ensure maximum gripping accuracy, hardened for greater wear resistance than split steel collets
- Each collet bore is held concentric to the O.D. tapers, front and back to minimize T.I.R.
- Automatically seals tool O.D. to prevent coolant flow through thus increasing tool wear
- Seals collets and machine spindles to protect from abrasive particles and swarf
- Minimum capacity 0.253 in.
- Maximum capacity 0.383 in.