The Ideal Spacers are perfect for supporting loose outlets and preventing faceplates from being broken. These spacers help eliminate the need to cut plate screws for GFCI decorator devices when they are installed on tile and marble and can also be used as shims. Tear apart Spacers caterpillar together to create desired shim depth.
- Adjusts length of receptacle or switches for proper fit of face plates
- Not intended to be used in lieu of standard means of support or when in conflict with governing electrical codes
- Slips over screw between device and electrical box
- Snaps on over #6, #8, #10 screws (screws not included)
- Do not use if finish is combustible (e.g. wood paneling) without proper barrier
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Brannon Heidenreich (verified owner) –
Exactly as expected. The spacers can be folded up to create a stack to adjust to a wide range of thickness. Used wherever a receptable is not flush with the elecrtical box front edge.
Deborah Schmeler (verified owner) –
I thought these worked even better than the old style. Whoever installed in electrical boxes in my house liked to set them deep in the wall. Sometimes almost as thick as the drywall. These spacers allowed the switches or outlets to be mounted flush with the wall.
Madisyn Kreiger (verified owner) –
Been using these for years, quick and easy fix for boxes set too deep