Also called Pipe Taps, National Pipe Taper Taps are appropriate for threading a wide variety of materials both ferrous and non-ferrous. Carbon steel pipe taps are designed to clean and or re-thread damaged or jammers pipe threads. The nominal size of a Pipe Tap is that of the pipe fitting to be tapped, not the actual size of the tap. The thread tapers 3/4 of an in./ft. All Pipe Taps furnished with a 2-1/2 in. to 3-1/2 in. thread chamfer. NPT threads require the use of a sealer like Teflon tape or pipe compound.
- NPT pipe tap sizes included in set are: 1/8 in., 1/4 in., 3/8 in., 1/2 in., 3/4 in. and 1 in.
- Sets comes in durable case
- Carbon steel pipe taps are designed to clean and or re-thread damaged or jam pipe threads
- Uncoated tools feature just the base substrate without any additional treatment or coatings and are suitable for a wide range of applications
- Straight flute tools allow chips to collect in the flutes as they cut and are well suited for most applications in shallow cuts
- Appropriate for threading a wide variety of materials both ferrous and non-ferrous
- Nominal size of a pipe tap is that of the pipe fitting to be tapped, not the actual size of the tap
- Thread tapers 3/4 of an in./ft.
- Right-hand cut tools have a cutting action that engages when they are run in a clockwise direction
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov